This is a fantastic opportunity for a Assistant Breeder Farm Manager to join an established family run business in Lincoln This is a full-time permanent opportunity which offers an attractive salary.
Annyalla Chicks currently employ over 187 employees across the UK, with the largest market share in the republic of Ireland. We invest in our employees and recognise our teams, commitment and passion, are one of the reasons for our continued success. This is your opportunity to join a fantastic team!
To assist in the process of obtaining top quality, fertile hatching eggs, working as part of a team and supporting the farm manager.
- Assist with stock inspections, body weighing, male and female management, nest hygiene, hatching egg collection, grading, management and storage
- Follow daily routines for feeding, water management, litter management and ventilation
- Monitor flock health by ensuring all vaccinations, blood testing, etc are carried out accurately and at the correct time
- Ensure Health and Safety Policy is always adhered to
- Wear protective clothing (PPE) as appropriate and directed
- Comply with bio-security protocols as appropriate and directed including showering in and out of the facility when entering and leaving the premises
- Set up houses prior to intake and prepare for depletions
- Accurately record measurement data i.e. meter readings, temperature, etc and respond accordingly
- Undertake job related training as and when required
- Undertake regular flock management (Males) as instructed by your line manager
- Ensure company policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are followed
- Ensure maintenance/cleaning of farms is to a high standard
- Ensure all “codes of practice” are always adhered to
- A flexible approach will be necessary as this role will necessitate working at weekends with some early morning and late evening work
- Ensure site security is always maintained
- Undertake any other duties as required to fulfil the needs of the position
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Sound stock background
- The ability to manage a team of staff
- The ability to maintain standards in the farm managers absence
- Positive work ethic and attitude towards attendance
- Organised and detailed approach to duties
- Ability to prioritise duties / tasks with the guidance of the farm manager
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as on own initiative
If you like what you read and want to join us as Assistant Manager Breeders, please get in touch– we’d like to hear from you!
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy good luck with your application.
If you have not heard from the company within 7 days of your application, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion. Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to provide individual feedback.
Annyalla Chicks is an equal opportunity employer.
The Company is committed to being a successful, caring and welcoming place for all employees. We want to create a supportive and inclusive environment where our employees can reach their full potential, without prejudice and discrimination. We are committed to a culture where respect and understanding is fostered and the diversity of people’s backgrounds and circumstances will be positively valued.